Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Weddings and Answered Prayer

Eomer just came in to see me as I was catching up on all my financial reports and administrative work. So yeah, I told him to sit and talk to me as long as possible. He had a good story to tell. I wrote a few weeks ago how he had devised and presided over a Christian wedding between believers that was acceptable in the eyes of the onlooking Muslim community. I finished that happy story with the story of another couple who were not permitted to do this as their foreign pastor felt that it was compromising the Truth. Eomer just informed me that the Bride AND Groom came to him and asked him to help them do a Christian wedding in the Bride's village. Apparently, neither set of parents was happy to have the couple marry in the Christian Church with a Western ceremony. So, they will go to the Bride's village this weekend and have a Christian wedding that honors the cultural traditions of the village. Eomer is excited. I am excited. The foreign pastor is annoyed but he wont stop them. We have a team in that village and this is going to be a great witness for Christ there as these two young people honor their parents and lift up the name of Jesus at the same time. We prayed this would happen. Why are we surprised? It is funny to me- in a desperately sad kind of way- that no matter how many times God has proven Himself faithful we still are surprised when He is found to be..... faithful yet again. We should pray more.

2 comments:

RKSOKC66 said...

Strider:

I have conversed with you a few times on several Blogs, including Wade's blog.

Please send me an e-mail. I have a crazy thing I'd like to share with you.

My email is rksimpson1@cox.net


Roger K. Simpson
Oklahoma City OK

Strider said...

I have written to you now. I am all about crazy things!